St Malo – Caen
16th September – 18th September 2022
This event is now fully booked
Next September the OM Cycling Club are organising a ride from St Malo to Caen.
The plan for the trip is as follows;
– 16th September – Everyone meets at the ferry in Portsmouth for an 20:15 departure. All riders will be embarking with their bikes so we are limited to 50 places. We will have dinner on board the ferry and there will be two people per cabin.
– 17th September – Arrive is St Malo and cycle towards Caen. Roughly 85 miles of gently undulating countryside. A group dinner in the evening followed by a night in a hotel (again two sharing a room).
– 18th September – A D-Day beach or two, then departing on the ferry from Caen at 16:30 and arriving back at Portsmouth at 21:15
The cost is £340, to include;
– Portsmouth to St Malo Ferry with shared cabin and dinner onboard
– Hotel and dinner on 17th September in Saint-Lo
– Breakfast at the hotel on the 18th
– Lunches on both days (picnic style baguettes etc)
– Cost towards helpers/volunteers