Sebastian Katkhuda (C2 1985 – 90) seeks junior employees in broking, actuarial and technical support to replenish a Facultative Reinsurance Division.
Arguably the world’s third biggest (re)insurance broker, located in over 147 countries, with roughly 45,000 employees, handling over US$27bill of business annually and covering all aspects of insurance and reinsurance are looking for driven, assured and entrepreneurial employees keen to join its Facultative Reinsurance division, located opposite the Lloyds building in the heart of the city of London, and elsewhere.
We are looking for strategic thinkers and excellent team players who are supremely organised and energetic – true initiative-takers and results-orientated professionals keen to grow themselves and the business and will relishes working in a fast-paced and friendly environment.
You will work closely with other employees across numerous differing teams, both in UK and abroad. You must be sociable and happy to partake in industry events or networking opportunities.
Excellent presentation, oral negotiation and writing skills (including perfect grammar and punctuation) and extreme attention to detail are essential. Ideally, you will be well-read, mathematical, creative and be intellectually curious.
A minimum of two years of work experience, working in any insurance/ reinsurance business in any location across the globe.
- Help manage the day to day running of a busy broking office
- Help conceive and deliver varied risk strategies for clients
- Deliver excellent oral negotiation and written communications
- Deliver creative solutions
- Help with data content, activation and management
The Ideal Candidate:
- Initiative & Maturity – the ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through
- Team spirit, enthusiasm and proven organisation skills to manage priorities
- A drive for excellence – action oriented, results driven
- Solid knowledge of how insurance/reinsurance works, and what gains results
- Troubleshooting and ability to spot potential issues, thus avoiding them
- Energetic, enthusiastic and eager to grow the business and yourself
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including in-person and phone manner
- Expertise of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- A mathematical brain and an artistic eye with creative flair and lateral thinking
- Well presented at all times
- Honesty, integrity and genuine curiosity – eager to learn more
- Competitive wage
- Competitive Benefits
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- London/ City based, with global travel/ possible overseas secondment
- Performance-related annual bonus potential
- A super-friendly and collaborative team to work with, plus, excellent clients
- Training and development: courses and accreditation with CII
- Excellent scope for progression and advancement
Please contact Sebastian Katkhuda with your CV and a covering note